Photo Above: (The Twelve Apostles) Victoria, Australia. Photographer: Michal J. Fromholtz
10 Reasons Why Jesus is a Great King
“Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.” John 15:13 ESV
God is a great King because:
1. He loves his people.
2. He leads his people through servant hood.
3. He leads his people by example. Jesus was constantly approached by people and he never disregarded them or pushed them away. He used all of his strength to minister to His people. Jesus knew the scriptures, was constantly in prayer, and was sinless.
4. He loves the unlovable.
5. His love is deep, He had knew we would rebel against Him. He decided to make us any, and provide a way for grace.
6. His love is sacrificial, not just emotional. He goes to the cross for our sins.
7. He takes responsibility for the sins of His people.
8. He not only cares for the community of people, He cares for the individual. The parable of the lost sheep. God is about the church and the individual.
9. He cares. He cares for all, including the least of these.
10. God gives us value and purpose through His loves.
Questions to think about:
-Do you believe Jesus is a great king?
-Are you excited to tell others about the good news?
-Do you represent His kingdom well?